March 9, 2020
Tips for Preventing Coronavirus
Brownsburg Parks takes the safety of our visitors and participants enrolled in our programming seriously. Recently, two confirmed cases of the Coronavirus, or COVID-19, have been identified in Hendricks County (neither in Brownsburg). The following is the most current information regarding the prevention and safety related to the coronavirus from the experts at the Hendricks County Health Department and the Indiana Department of Health.
The best prevention for COVID-19, and any other virus, such as the cold or flu, is:
- If you are sick, stay home and avoid contact with others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not available, use hand
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
If you have questions about COVID-19, local health care providers, including Hendricks Regional Health and IU Health, have launched hotlines and virtual clinics. The HRH hotline is 317-520-5500. Information about the IU Health virtual clinic is available at IUHealth.org. The phone number for the Hendricks County Health Department, Division of Public Health, is 317-745-9222.
Any decision to cancel Brownsburg Parks’ programming would come at the direction of local health authorities.