General Description & Responsibilities:
Serves as the intern staff of Recreation Services for the Parks and Recreation Department including but not limited to:
- Ability to receive training in recreation software to accept program registration and process payments.
- Performs tasks and duties as set forth by the contract with the intern’s college or university if internship is for college credit.
- Assist Park staff with composing of letters, reports, press releases, promotional materials and memos as it pertains to programs/events.
- Ability to operate copy machine to maintain and create documents.
- Ensuring all program adhere to safety procedures of the school corporation as well as Department.
- All other duties as assigned by Assistant Director Recreation Services.
- Assist Park staff with planning , implementing , and maintaining accurate program/event records on a daily basis.
- Assist Park staff with special event planning and operation, both indoor and outdoor.
- Assists in supervising volunteers during implementation of program/events.
- Must demonstrate strong skills in writing, editing, communicating, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, when needed, as well as individually on certain tasks/projects.
- Must have the initiative and drive to complete projects to the fullest extent including all necessary details pertinent to the project.
- Must have basic knowledge of standard English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and ability to assimilate information from various sources and prepare clear, persuasive communication for oral and written presentation.
- Must have basic knowledge of and ability to make practical application of Park and Town services and standard principles of municipal government administration.
- Must have basic knowledge of planning recreational activities, serving participant needs, risk management within a recreation setting and behavior management techniques.
- Must have thorough knowledge of and ability to make practical application of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Desktop- Publishing software and ability to properly operate standard office equipment, including computer, fax, and printer.
- Must be able to learn Recreation software as well as create financial reports of recreation operations.
- Must be able to learn and operate, according to Town safety standards, the necessary equipment for programs and events.
- Must have average typing skills.
- Must have a safe work record with good ethics and dependable attendance record.
- Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds with the use of Personal Safety Equipment.
Brownsburg Parks Administrative Office
$12 - $16 DOE