PROGRAM ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION:
Brownsburg Parks Adventure Camp staff is dedicated to providing a safe hands-on learning experience for our campers as they build relationships, celebrate accomplishments and develop a sense of belonging. We pride ourselves in offering an active day camp experience for each child through a variety of physical and educational enrichment activities and exciting field trips. We are seeking outgoing individuals whose energy and positive attitudes are contagious. We are looking for people who are committed to making positive memories with our campers that will make them look back at this summer and smile; people who are brave enough to look silly in front of many for the sake of making our campers’ day better and people who can be seen as trusted adult figures in the eyes of our campers and families. Join our team today!
As a Program Assistant you would:
- Work with the Site Manager to assist and oversee the daily operations of Explorers, Pathfinders, Trailblazers or Tiny Trekkers Adventure Camp.
- Assist in managing camp staff and ensure that staff is following all camp procedures and guidelines.
- Carry out established roles in enforcing camp safety regulations and implementing emergency procedures.
- Assist in supervising all assigned aspects of the campers’ day.
- Assume responsibility for health and welfare of campers entrusted to your care.
- Provide opportunities for campers to participate successfully and enjoy all aspects of the camp experience.
- Assist Site Manager in handling all discipline issues with campers.
- Build relationships with campers and families through daily conversation and quality interactions.
- Help campers develop social and conflict resolution skills to create healthy friendships.
- Lead large group meetings with campers and assist with staff meetings for camp staff.
- Communicate clearly with families and staff.
- Motivate, encourage, and keep camp staff accountable to their responsibilities.
- Assist in evaluating staff performance and is able to give constructive feedback.
The Program Assistant position might be a fit for you if you:
- Enjoy creating positive relationships with children and their families
- Have some form of experience managing large groups of children in the field of recreation and/or education
- Seek to provide excellent customer service and maintain professionalism
- Communicate effectively with children and adults both in spoken and written form
- Have previous experience managing people or groups of people
- Have the ability to motivate, encourage, and provide constructive feedback to staff
- Responsibility and integrity are values that drive your decisions everyday
- Have a strong sense of humor, enthusiasm, patience, and self-control when put in stressful situations
- Have the ability to exert moderate physical ability, involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and they may involve lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Adventure Camp staff must be certified in First Aid and CPR or have the ability to obtain both certifications
- Must possess and maintain an Indiana Operators License
- Are a high school graduate or equivalent or at least 18 years of age