Parks & Recreation Site Manager
Brownsburg Parks and Recreation is looking for an individual who can lead and manage the on-site day-to-day operations of the Promoting Enrichment Adventure and Knowledge (PEAK) program. The program serves all seven elementary schools and two middle schools within Brownsburg Community School Corporation. PEAK serves participants who are enrolled in sixth through eighth grade. Our team members take pride in providing opportunities and experiences to help children develop personally, physically, mentally and grow through enrichment opportunities in service, learning, and exploring new paths. The ideal candidate should possess skills and characteristics in programming, leadership, management, maturity, and reliability in order to maintain the Department’s standards.
General Description and Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A strong desire and ability to make a difference every day in the character development of youth.
- Assist in developing, coordinating, facilitating, and scheduling weekly activities.
- Supervise team members and encourage participants to participate fully in the PEAK experience.
- Ability to build relationships with parents, participants, school officials, and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and discovery go hand-in-hand.
- Facilitate all aspects of the participant’s time in PEAK including arrival and departure, meals times, and rest times.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent with 2-3 years’ experience working with children in a professional capacity.
- Specific education or experience in Parks & Recreation, Education, or Therapeutic Recreation is preferred.
- Must have a strong ability and a genuine passion to lead in the character development of youth.
- Must be able to supervise and guide staff and program participants.
- Must able to understand and exemplify the principles of public service and recreation services.
Brownsburg Middle School East