Customer Service Representative
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. However, job duties will require employee to operate in the general community with moderate safety/health hazard potential. Physical labor duties may result in a high safety/health hazard potential. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
While the role follows a work schedule of 10AM to 4PM, Monday through Friday, this job may require work beyond these hours which may include nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call status. Frequent in-town travel may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greets visitors and customers while maintaining front desk operations.
- Answers phones and responds to email inquires.
- Provides information on park policies and procedures to general public.
- Relays messages to appropriate personnel.
- Manages and processes facility rentals by managing customer inquiries, entering data, processing payments, following up weekly with customers, and processing refunds.
- Directs customer complaints or issues to appropriate Park staff or handles them in the way of resolution through comprehending the issue, determining the cause of the issue, explaining the best solution to the issue, setting in motion the correction that needs to be made, and following up with the customer after the correction has been put into place.
- Assists Park staff with providing details on additional services available through cross promotion.
- Assists customers in completion of program registrations.
- Assists customers with Park forms and applications needed for services.
- Assists with computer logs, forms, receipts, and maintains accurate customer records on a daily basis.
- Assists with composing of letters, reports, and memos; assists with incoming/outgoing mailings.
- Assists with maintaining accurate and organized filing systems as well as locating files as required.
- Assists with special event operations both indoor and outdoor and in inclement weather.
- Assists with correspondence with other Departments, contractors, and partners.
- Attends meetings as required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job does not have employee supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to the requirements of the Town of Brownsburg. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D.; and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Previous experience in high volume customer service is required. Prior experience working with computer systems, in the performance of customer service duties, is mandatory.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Resourceful and creative.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Must exhibit professionalism and be effective working with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Skillfully convey information on a wide range of topics to a diverse target audience.
- Influencing and consultative skills are critical.
- Proficient with commonly used office software, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as telephone and internet communications.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- A genuine commitment to quality on behalf of the Town while building a culture committed to excellence is mandatory.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; walk; and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without an assistive device (greater weights may be required with the use of an assistive device). The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).