CAMP COUNSELOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
Brownsburg Parks Adventure Camp staff is dedicated to providing a safe hands-on learning experience for our campers as they build relationships, celebrate accomplishments and develop a sense of belonging. We pride ourselves in offering an active day camp experience for each child through a variety of physical and educational enrichment activities and exciting field trips. We are seeking outgoing individuals whose energy and positive attitudes are contagious. We are looking for people who are committed to making positive memories with our campers that will make them look back at this summer and smile; people who are brave enough to look silly in front of many for the sake of making our campers’ day better and people who can be seen as trusted adult figures in the eyes of our campers and families. Join our team today!
As an Adventure Camp Counselor you would:
- Build relationships with campers through daily conversation and quality interactions
- Help campers develop social and conflict resolution skills and create healthy friendships
- Provide opportunities for campers to participate successfully and enjoy all aspects of the camp experience
- Be a trusted adult figure that is consistent, fair and follows through when redirecting behavior
- Organize, lead, and manage groups and individuals in planned activities
- Help to keep camp a safe environment by adhering to all safety protocols and camp procedures
- Assume responsibility for the health and wellbeing of the campers entrusted to your care
- Actively supervise campers during all aspects of the camp day including arrival, departure, field trips, meals, play and rest times.
The Adventure Camp Counselor position might be for you if you:
- Have had some experiences with children in the past that have prepared you for this role
- Enjoy creating positive relationships with children and their families
- Are motivated to create a positive experience for campers and truly make a difference
- Can confidently organize and lead large groups of children in activities with an ability to think on your feet when things don’t go as planned
- Are a self-starter and can jump in without being prompted
- Responsibility and integrity are values that drive your decisions every day
- Can identify and respond to individual camper needs and make critical decisions calmly during emergency situations
- Have strong communication skills
- Have a sense of humor, enthusiasm, and can exercise patience and self-control when put in stressful situations.
- Can exert moderate physical ability, involving kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Are certified in First Aid and CPR or have the ability to obtain both certifications
Parks & Recreation