Assistant BASE Site Manager
Position works a split shift Monday thru Friday no weekends.
6:15 AM to 8:45 AM & 3:15 to 6:00 PM
*Wednesday start time is 2:45 PM
If you are unable to work these stated times please do not apply.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee serves as the Assistant Site Manager for the Town of Brownsburg Parks department, responsible for assisting the B.A.S.E. Site Manager with all activities, operations, and aspects relating to the operation of B.A.S.E. (Before and After School Enrichment) for Brownsburg Parks.
Functions as the support staff of recreational services for Brownsburg Parks, including but not limited to:
- Assist the B.A.S.E. Site Manager in the supervision of B.A.S.E. Site Specialist’s daily responsibilities
- Assist the B.A.S.E. Site Manager in discipline cases involving staff
- Responsible for assisting with planning and preparation of the site-specific B.A.S.E program on a daily basis
- Facilitate daily enrichment activities and physical activities
- Assist K-5 students with daily homework and academic activities
- Supervise students throughout all aspects of the daily program
- Communicate with parent/guardians or visitors; provide information and assistance and initiate problem resolution
- Attend and participate in professional development meetings and trainings
- Monitor inventory levels of B.A.S.E site-specific supplies; initiate orders for new or replacement materials
- Assist the B.A.S.E. Site Manager to keep files up to date and organized
- Enforce applicable rules and regulations with program participants
- Handle discipline cases involving program participants; report case to B.A.S.E. Site Manager as appropriate
- Answer and respond to telephone calls and communications in a professional manner; reply and respond to inquiries as appropriate
- Ensure compliance with codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures as they pertain to recreation programs; recommend or initiate actions necessary to correct deviations or violations
- Ensure adherence to established safety procedures; monitors work environment and use of safety equipment to ensure the safety of employees and other individuals
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults both in spoken and written form.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel, Word, and Publisher.
- Ability to assist K-5 students with daily homework
- Ability to facilitate enrichment activities.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide at a minimum of a 5th-grade level.
- Ability to communicate effectively; includes the ability to interact with members of the public and Brownsburg Parks staff in a positive manner.
- Ability to review and evaluate data.
- Ability to utilize a variety of reference and descriptive data and information.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques utilized in planning, organizing, and implementing programs, events, and activities.
- Good knowledge of equipment, materials, and supplies required for programs.
- Knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques; ability to organize and supervise part-time staff and contractual employees.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently without routine supervision.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions during periods of high volume and under pressure from the public.
- Ability to project a positive, professional image for the department through appropriate appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to provide guidance, assistance, and interpretation regarding the application of procedures and standards to specific situations.