AM BASE Specialist
Days: Monday – Friday *No weekends.
Hours: 6:15 AM – 8:45 AM
We are currently hiring for ONLY morning shifts. See schedule above. If you are unavailable for these hours please do not apply.
Functions as the support staff of recreational services for Brownsburg Parks, including but not limited to:
- Responsible for maintaining the mission, expectations, and stated guidelines for B.A.S.E. program on a daily basis.
- Assuming responsibility for health and welfare of children entrusted to his/her care.
- Assisting Site Manager in the planning and preparation of the site-specific B.A.S.E. program.
- Planning and facilitating awareness and enrichment activities via program plan.
- Assisting K-5 students with daily homework and academic activities.
- Supervising students throughout all aspects of the daily program.
- Responsible for input of student data and payments for B.A.S.E. program on a daily basis.
- Assisting Site Manager in taking inventory levels of specific supplies; initiate orders for new or replacement materials.
- Tracking and organizing site-specific student records and schedules on a daily basis.
- Submitting reports, as requested by supervisor.
- Enforcing applicable rules and regulations with program participants.
- Handling discipline cases involving program participants; reports case to supervisor as appropriate.
- Assisting in distributing of promotional materials, including seasonal brochures, flyers, posters, advertisements, and news releases.
- Distributing information about programs, special events, program fees and department policies and procedures to the public in a polite and effective manner.
- Answering and responding to telephone calls and communications in a professional manner; relay and respond to inquiries as appropriate.
- Ensuring compliance with codes laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures as they pertain to recreation programs; recommends or initiates actions necessary to correct deviations or violations.
- Ensuring adherence to established safety procedures; monitors work environment and use of safety equipment to ensure safety of employees and other individuals.
- Desire and ability to work with children.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance.
- Integrity and adaptability.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self control.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults both in spoken and written form.
- Ability to assist K-6 students with daily homework.
- Ability to facilitate enrichment activities.
- Ability to interact with members of the public and Brownsburg Parks staff in a positive manner.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently without routine supervision.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions during periods of high volume and under pressure from the public.