Welcome to Cardinal Park!
Cardinal Park is Brownsburg’s newest park. This 14-acre park includes parking for the B&O Trail, stormwater basins, a Recreational Trails Program (RTP) trail that provides access from the B&O Trail to Main St., and a year-round facility. This park is also home to membership-based Cardinal Bark Park, a two-acre dog park. The final phase of this park will include an inclusive/sensory playground and shelter/pavilion.
3432 Hornaday Road
Park Hours: 5:00am – Dusk
Trailhead to B&O Trail, including 50 parking spaces
1+ Mile Trail (RTP Trail)
Year-round Restroom Facility
Future Park Amenities:
Phase Completion Goals
Park & Trail Safety
- Trails are Open Dawn to Dusk. Don’t be caught in the dark – carry a flashlight with you.
- Use the Buddy System. If you choose to be out alone, be sure someone knows where you will be at what times. Children under 11 should not use the trails without adult supervision and teens should always have a buddy.
- Be Sure Your Cellphone Location Feature is on Location services will make it easier for emergency personnel to find you if there is an accident.
- Wear Proper Safety Equipment. Be sure you are visible with bright clothing, lights and reflectors. Always wear a helmet when riding a bicycle.
- Lock Your Parked Car and Keep Valuables Out of Sight.
- Be Aware Of Your Surroundings
- No Motorized Vehicles Are Allowed on the Trail. Only motorized wheelchairs, maintenance and rescue
vehicles are permitted on trails. Report all others to 911.
- Keep Right and Yield the Right of Way. Stay on the right side of the trail. Skaters, joggers and bicyclists yield to pedestrians; all users yield to horses.
- Be Aware of Your Speed. The B&O Trail speed limit is 12 mph.
- Stay On the Trail. Do not disturb the trail’s surrounding vegetation to protect
the trees, plants and wildflowers.
- Don’t Litter. Remember: pack in and pack out. Respect the trail environment by properly disposing of items.
- Keep Pets on Short Leashes. Protect your pet and others by keeping them on a leash. Remember to clean up after your pet.
- No Horses on Paved Trail Except Where Permitted
Report Suspicious Activity – Call (317) 852-1100.
Call 911 in Case Of an Emergency
Report Unsafe Trail Conditions
Call Brownsburg Parks at (317) 858-4172