Brownsburg Parks is dedicated to providing a safe, hands-on learning experience for our campers as they build relationships, celebrate accomplishments and develop a sense of belonging. The adventure starts here! Register your child online today.Register!
Who: Explorers (Ages 6-8), Pathfinders (Ages 9-12), MUST have attended Kindergarten to participate.
When: Monday-Friday 8 am-5:30 pm
Where: Cardinal Elementary School, 3590 Hornaday Road, Door J
Cost: Weekly Fee: $155 (includes $25 deposit). Save $10 per week by paying in full!
Explorers and Pathfinders
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did Brownsburg Parks cancel Tiny Trekkers and Trailblazers camps?
These camps were cancelled because we felt it was in the best interest of the campers’ safety. Tiny Trekkers camp was cancelled due to the lack of indoor facilities available to provide adequate supervision and meet the needs of our campers. Trailblazers camp was cancelled because we aren’t able to provide transportation for field trips that meets social distancing guidelines.
I registered my child for Tiny Trekkers/Trailblazers camp. How do I get a refund?
We will provide full refunds to those who choose to cancel (including administrative fees and deposits); however, we kindly ask those who cancel their registration to keep their refund in their account in the form of a credit to help financially support our ability to offer future youth programming and services. To cancel your registration, please fill out a Refund Request form here.
What are the hours for Summer B.A.S.E.?
Explorers + Pathfinders Hours:
Programming: 8:00 am- 5:30 pm
Where will camp be held this year?
Cardinal Elementary School, 3590 Hornaday Road, Door J
What are you doing to keep kids safe during COVID-19?
We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), local and state health departments, and the American Camp Association (ACA) and will follow recommended social distancing guidelines.
- Changes in drop-off and pick-up procedures to minimize close interactions and direct contact.
- Daily health screening questionnaire for campers at drop-off.
- Staff and/or campers who are displaying symptoms such as shortness of breath, cough, or have a temperature of 100°F will be secluded from the group, sent home immediately, and will not be permitted to return until he or she is fever and symptom free for 24 hours.
- Campers will be assigned to a small group of 10 campers led by one staff member. Siblings will be in the same group regardless of age to limit any possible transmission to individual families. For larger group activities, groups will be assigned a consistent partner group to interact with for a total of no more than 20 campers and two staff members.
- Campers will be encouraged to bring and wear their own masks to camp.
- Staff will be required to wear masks.
- Additional hand-washing/bathroom breaks will be added to the daily camp schedule. Multiple hand-washing stations will be located on the park grounds.
- Assigned sets of art supplies that remain at camp will be distributed to each camper and sanitized at the end of the week. Campers will be discouraged from sharing any supplies.
- All surfaces that campers and staff come into contact with will be cleaned and sanitized with a diluted bleach solution that meets CDC guidelines daily.
What will you do if a child or staff members is confirmed to have COVID-19?
If we have a confirmed case of COVID-19, we will notify parents/guardians immediately. Summer B.A.S.E. may be suspended or cancelled.
With camp being held outdoors, how will you handle sun protection and hydration?
- Campers will be required to bring labeled sunscreen and a labeled water bottle to camp and should arrive at camp with sunscreen already applied. Sunscreen application will be built into the daily camp schedule along with bathroom and water breaks. Fair-skinned children will have sunscreen applied on an hourly basis.
- Staff who assist children with applying sunscreen will wear masks and gloves during each application.
- Water coolers will be made available for easy access in multiple locations around the park.
What if severe weather is forecast?
Brownsburg Parks takes the safety of all campers and staff seriously and will cancel or postpone Summer B.A.S.E. should participant safety be at risk due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
Camp may be delayed or cancelled if:
- Heat Index Warnings are issued or the temperature meets or exceeds 105°F.
- Severe Weather Watches/ Warnings are issued.
- A confirmed case of COVID-19 among participants and/or staff is identified.
- Decisions to delay, suspend, or cancel programming due to extreme weather conditions will be determined by 6 AM and communicated to parents/guardians via e-mail and/or text message and posted to all Brownsburg Parks social media pages. Camp may have to be cancelled in the afternoon depending on conditions. Staff will make all efforts to notify parents as far in advance as possible.
- In the event of a pop-up thunderstorm, campers would seek shelter in Cardinal/Delaware Trail Elementary.
- Refunds will not be issued should Brownsburg Parks cancel programming due to severe weather.
Will field trips still take place?
Unfortunately, all field trips to off-site locations are canceled due to lack of safe transportation for large groups, the uncertainty of social distancing practices at other locations, and to limit the interactions of campers with other public groups. However, special visits to camp from some field trip vendors may be offered to present to small groups as an enrichment opportunity.
How do I register?
To get started, visit our website and create an account (for mobile users, view the full site). After signing in, look under the Activities tab, select Camps, and choose your preferred payment option by clicking “Add to Cart” and “Enroll Now.”
Participants must be registered prior to using our services. If your child is not registered at the time of drop-off, please be prepared to make a payment on site via debit/credit card or check!
What should my child bring to camp?
Each participant should come to camp with:
- AM and PM Snack
- Labeled bottle of sunscreen
- Labeled water bottle
What are my payment options?
We accept checks, money orders or credit/debit cards. Registration conducted at the Brownsburg Parks Office (402 E. Main St.) is by appointment only. Please call 317-858-4172 to schedule a visit.
When you register for camp online, you will be given the choice to pay in full or to set up a payment plan. If you opt for a payment plan, you will need to pay a non-refundable $25 deposit upfront to reserve your child’s spot.
The remaining camp fees will be due the Monday before the week of camp that you registered for.
Brownsburg Parks is moving away from paper forms and is using ePACT Network to store all comprehensive health and emergency contact information more securely. You will only need to complete this form once a year to save you time and make registration even easier for you!
- Look for the ePACT invitation in your email
- Accept the invitation by creating a free account
- Complete the new health history form that we’ve built in ePACT for your child
- Be sure to click “Share” when you’ve completed the form to share it with Brownsburg Parks
All participants are required to complete this form prior to the program start date to attend camp. If you need additional help, contact the ePACT Network Customer Service Line at 1-855-773-7728.
Already have an account? Login here: https://www.epactnetwork.com/us/login
How do I contact my Camp Counselor?
Explorers Adventure Camp (ages 6-8): 317-478-5663
Pathfinders Adventure Camp (ages 9-12): 317-982-0070